Re: Carrying Tender on Davits while crossing

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Mohammed & Any,

We’ve seen and rode in an OCT tender.  A very sound dinghy with many desirable features sailors appreciate.

We did a long comparative ride in varying sea state conditions; both had identical Yamaha 15 HP Enduro 2 stroke engines.  Our AB was faster if loaded with 2 adults but due to the high deadrise bottom, she did not plane with 4 people aboard.

The OCT is a bit slower but will plane with 4 due to its lesser hull deadrise. However, the AB could maintain a higher speed in rougher conditions.  The OCT rode well but had to slow down a bit.

Undoubtedly, the OCT was far dryer ride.  I have no anything with these people.  https://octenders.co.nz/

Hope this helps.

Jean-Pierre Germain