Re: Front furler Bamar MEJ upgrade to EJF? Is it worth it?

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Stefan;

We installed the new Bamar furlers about 2 years ago and have used it for two seasons. So far we have had no issues.

We never furl under load. We always loosen the sheets to the point right before the sail starts to flap and furl, loosing the sheets as needed so the furlers never have the pressure of the loaded sheets placed on them.. We do unfurl under toad which does not place any extra load on the furler.

I think this would be good practice regardless of the furler used.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

On Mar 2, 2020, at 12:15 PM, Stefan Schaufert via Groups.Io <mail@...> wrote:

Dear Ameliens,

I consider to change the genua furler (MEJ) to the newest BAMAR model (EFJ?) - if the technic is much better then the MEJ-modell (bad engineered + belts) . There where recently 2 belts broken (within 4 weeks, after 6 month of working fine) - not nice + lot of hard work. A thing that I do not wont to have again.

Is in the new modell still a belt inside?

What is your experience?

Or is it wiser to go directly to a Reckmann?

Thanks for your responses.

Best regards
Stefan
AMEL 54 N° 119 LADY CHARLYETTE, currently Dominica