Amel Yacht Owners : fresh water pump system : Beam IV A55 # 9 , Carthagena

Stuart Hemingway

Mr Paul,

Today has been pump day..

On the suction side of the pump the short brass connection :-
1.The threaded connection to the pump body has been tightened with plumbers tape on the thread ( it was loose)
2.The one way valve was checked and it appears to be working ( one way ).
3. The hose onto the connection was cut back to give a fresh connection ( the 30mm cut off appeared to have a split and certainly mis-shaped )
4. The pump cover which had a slight drip was removed , cleaned off, new liquid gasket applied and reassembled. It requires 24 hours to go off.

So now its a waiting game until tomorrow morning.

We haven’t touched the pressure switch yet.

Standing by Beam IV , out ..

Stuart Hemingway AA Dipl DMS RIBA

Symbiotic Relationships Ltd.,

 Grove Park Studios,

188-192 Sutton court Road,

Chiswick,

London,

W4 3HR

Telephone

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

E . Studio@...

W. www.groveparkstudios.co.uk.

On 26 Feb 2020, at 21:04, Paul Stascavage via Groups.Io <pstas2003@...> wrote:

Stuart.

Is the pressure good after pumping up the tank?

If so, it sounds to me like the next thing to check is the pressure switch. If it is adjusted incorrectly the pump will keep running as it is trying to reach a pressure to high for the pump to achieve.

Do like Bill said and google the instructions for the d square ( I believe) switch. It is not that difficult to properly adjust. If you read the instructions multiple times you should be able to do it. I think there are also some good YouTube videos on how to do it.

Good luck and report back.

All the Best,

Paul Stascavage
S/V Rita Kathryn  SM #466