tb/custom broker BRISBANE/COOMERA QLD AUSTRALIA/AYOGF

Teun BAAS

Can somebody help/refer me to a customs broker near BRISBANE/COOMERA familiar with the YACHTS IN TRANSIT procedure. I am getting parts from AMEL and need to clear into AUSTRALIA.

In December/January a shipment from NEW CALEDONIA FedEx charged me GST, Duty etc. etc. which I agreed to pay to avoid FedEx returning the parts to NEW CALEDONIA.

When I contacted ABF (AUSTRALIAN BORDER FORCE) last month for my 3 monthly reporting and questioned what happened they confirmed the YACHTS IN TRANSIT system works in AUSTRALIA but I need to use a customs broker for their “bond”.

Via a yacht broker in the marina/yard I contacted WALLACE Int. but they are not familiar with the YIT concept and try to convince me that I am not a commercial vessel and therefore YIT does not apply to me.

A reference would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

On the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

March 3, 2020 17:20:40

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909