Re: Iridium go external antenna location

Thomas Peacock

Tom Peacock
SM Aletes #240
Carriacou

On Mar 4, 2020, at 1:38 PM, Thomas Peacock <peacock8491@...> wrote:

I mounted ours in a corner under the hard dodger. The little bit of fiberglass does not seem to interfere with reception.

On Mar 4, 2020, at 10:04 AM, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Hi all,

We just scored a great deal on a used Iridium Go with the external antenna. It comes with 12m of antenna cable and the mount for steel tubes.
https://www.predictwind.com/iridium-go/#purchase-options

Any suggestions on where to mount the external antenna? I'd like to mine your collective knowledge before I start drilling any new holes. We have a large aft solar arch and assume putting it back there would degrade the signal.

Additionally, how have you all run the thick antenna cable into the boat? I would like to put the Iridium Go at the nav station, but that's not a requirement.

Thanks in advance!
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69