Bottom paint removal problem

eric freedman

Hi Pat,

Sorry I could not find the paint stripper I used.

West marine has some products but they seem expensive. You might need 10 gallons.

My local paint supply says there a number of products that will work . However, when you get close to the

gel coat you should not let it sit on the hull too long.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Hi Pat,

I do not remember the name. I will try to get the name for you tomorrow.

It took 2 yard workers 4 days to strip and sand.

It is best applied in a warm environment as it is a chemical reaction.

I did mine in July. They used cheap brushes and scrapers for the majority of the work and then putty knives when they got close to the gel coat. It takes multiple applications and waiting time for this stripper to work.

They then used a sander to complete the job. It wasn’t difficult just time consuming.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376