Re: Iridium go external antenna location

Sv Garulfo

Hi Scott,

On a side note, we found the app ‘iWatchSat’ very useful to find out sat coverage. It’s very simple and it helps to plan your call/grib fetch.

We found waiting for good coverage is the best way to dramatically improve connection quality.

Hope that helps,

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Hiva Oa, French Polynesia

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 at 04:34, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:
Hi all,

We just scored a great deal on a used Iridium Go with the external antenna. It comes with 12m of antenna cable and the mount for steel tubes.
https://www.predictwind.com/iridium-go/#purchase-options

Any suggestions on where to mount the external antenna? I'd like to mine your collective knowledge before I start drilling any new holes. We have a large aft solar arch and assume putting it back there would degrade the signal.

Additionally, how have you all run the thick antenna cable into the boat? I would like to put the Iridium Go at the nav station, but that's not a requirement.

Thanks in advance!
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69