Re: The ultimate cockpit table?

Arno Luijten

I do think the standard cockpit table is one of the worst features of the Amel 54’s cockpit. It’s heavy and always in the way. I removed it and put at our house. Currently using a small foldable table doing it’s job excellent. I did consider the Lagun table as well so it’s great to see your positive report on it. I don’t think the table is carried by the chandlers on St. Maarten. So I have some time to consider other options as well. I really like the thing done by a fellow Amelian where he replaced the base of the steering chair with a stainless column, resulting in a improved folding of the standard table to facilitate the opening of the engine room hatch without moving the table. Obviously that is much more work and uses quite some expensive pieces of stainless.

Regards,
Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121