Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Efector Anchor Chain Counter Sensor

Keith Tice

Hi Tom,

I finally got the replacement sensor installed, but I am at the same place as you were on 26.April 2019.  The display in the cockpit lights up, but stays at Zero.

You described having the same difficulty, then later (23.May) you wrote that it works and was a bad sensor near the windlass.

Between April 26 and May 23, what did you find was the problem.

The LED lights as the winch rotates… :-)

Now I re-check specifications….  I installed IFM5096  Normally Closed, PNP …  IFM5072 is Normally Closed, NPN…  IFM5076 is Normally Open, NPN

PNP sensors are sometimes called “sourcing sensors” because they source positive power to the output. NPN sensors are sometime called “sinking sensors” because they sink ground to the output.

I found I can order the IFM5072, depending on your answer, this is my next step…

Thanks,
Keith
Bikini SM 282

On 16 Nov 2019, at 22:05, Thomas Peacock <peacock8491@...> wrote:

I also replaced the sensor. I was concerned that I would have to install another relay to invert the signal, but that was not necessary. The replacement unit works well.

Tom Peacock
SM Aletes #240
Martinique

On Nov 8, 2019, at 11:53 AM, "heinz@..." <heinz@...> wrote:

Hallo
I have the same one I get it 2 years ago and it works well.

HEINZ Sm 2000, 292

Am 09.11.2019 um 03:09 schrieb Keith Tice <amel@...>:

My chain counter recently stopped counting.
Before it stopped it was counting when we weren't looking and not counting when the anchor was moving.
I found that the Efector IB5076 induction sensor is no longer produced, but that the IB5096 is available.
The only difference in the data sheet is that the signal NPN for IB5076 is PNP for IB5096. https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5076
https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5096
Should this be a plug compatible replacement?
I mean, one is on a lot and turns off and the other is off a lot and turns on. It is pulsing and the counter should just be counting pulses.
What is the opinion here?
Keith
Bikini SM 282