Re: The ultimate cockpit table?

Teun BAAS

Somewhere between Arno’s hull number (121) and mine (128) AMEL must have changed the A54 cockpit design/installation as mine also allows the engine room hatch to be opened without having to mess with the cockpit table.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

On the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

March 8, 2020 08:52:56

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

You can follow AMELIT via this link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arno Luijten via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2020 07:24
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] The ultimate cockpit table?

I do think the standard cockpit table is one of the worst features of the Amel 54’s cockpit. It’s heavy and always in the way. I removed it and put at our house. Currently using a small foldable table doing it’s job excellent. I did consider the Lagun table as well so it’s great to see your positive report on it. I don’t think the table is carried by the chandlers on St. Maarten. So I have some time to consider other options as well. I really like the thing done by a fellow Amelian where he replaced the base of the steering chair with a stainless column, resulting in a improved folding of the standard table to facilitate the opening of the engine room hatch without moving the table. Obviously that is much more work and uses quite some expensive pieces of stainless.

Regards,
Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.