Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Efector Anchor Chain Counter Sensor

Keith Tice

Hi Heinz,

Do you remember if you bought the IB5072 or IB5096.

The difference is NPN vs PNP …

Thomas Peacock installed the IB5072 and it worked out of the box… But I installed the IB5096...

If you installed the IB5072, then I will replace my IB5096 with an IB5072.

I found the following information, but that does not mean it applies to this circuit.
Generally, the PNP transistor can replace NPN transistors in most electronic circuits, the only difference is the polarities of the voltages, and the directions of the current flow. PNP transistors can also be used as switching devices.

Thanks,
Keith
Bikini SM 282

On 8 Nov 2019, at 16:53, heinz@... wrote:

Hallo
I have the same one I get it 2 years ago and it works well.

HEINZ Sm 2000, 292

Am 09.11.2019 um 03:09 schrieb Keith Tice <amel@...>:

My chain counter recently stopped counting.
Before it stopped it was counting when we weren't looking and not counting when the anchor was moving.
I found that the Efector IB5076 induction sensor is no longer produced, but that the IB5096 is available.
The only difference in the data sheet is that the signal NPN for IB5076 is PNP for IB5096. https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5076
https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5096
Should this be a plug compatible replacement?
I mean, one is on a lot and turns off and the other is off a lot and turns on. It is pulsing and the counter should just be counting pulses.
What is the opinion here?
Keith
Bikini SM 282