Re: Hatch handle seat (corners) for Goiot tradition series

Justin Paulsen

Hi Mike,

Just a note about Rig-Rite in Rhode Island.  They can be very hard to reach, I always had to leave a message, and they call back from a private number.  Also make sure to ask specifically about shipping costs.  I ordered a replacement pawl for a winch and ended up paying a hefty fee for shipping this already very expensive part (a single pawl and spring for a size 10 winch).  They will not volunteer any information either, you need to specifically ask.

Just a friendly warning.

Justin

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 5:05 PM Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy) <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm looking for suggestions regarding the replacement of these failing hatch handle seats. Several of them are cracking in various places. Rig-Rite has them in cast aluminum which is nice, part# Goi HT-HSC. Unfortunately, they are quoted at $80 USD per piece ($640 USD to replace all of them!). There's got to be a less expensive option out there. Is anyone else looking to replace these parts? Has anyone already found a good solution or source?

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy - SM23
Opua, NZ