Re: Iridium go external antenna location

Randall

Thanks Ken,

I will go with the shorter cable. Love your videos. I understand you need a permit from the UK government. But you should make Chagos islands. even just anchor for the night.

All the best,
Randall
A54 #56

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 10:34 PM Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...> wrote:
Hello Randall,

I had my cable custom made at The Satellite Phone Store in San Diego.  Satellitephonestore.com...

There are probably cheaper places to purchase a custom cable, but would have to research.  I paid about $75 for mine.  Make sure you look at the specs of the cable, most important is loss per meter at about 1.6 GHz.

Best,

Ken Powers
Currently in Thailand
Getting ready to cross the Indian Ocean