Re: Problem dismantling the main furler worm gear box

Michael & Robyn

Hi Paul,

we had the same issue; After soaking in de-greaser I soaked it in vinegar essence for a few days and lots of WD40 for another day. The final job did a 10 ton hydraulic bearing puller like what you find at ebay "10 Ton Hydraulic Gear Puller and Bearing Jaw Separator Set Professional Kit"
I put a SS screw (Allen hread) in the bottom of the Aluminum shaft to protect the thread  and then pushed the aluminum piece out of the hollow steel shaft.
It has to come out otherwise you can't get the bearing off.
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417