Re: [Amel] davits for santorin

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi from Danny SM 299. We had a set of hinged davits made to a pattern used on SM Wanderer. If you are ever in NZ I recommend Taipa welding services, 763 Oruru Road, RD 2 Kaitaia. This is in the Far North of NZ, about an hour by road North of Opua.They built my davits very well for under NZ$ 2000.

----- Original Message -----
From: attilio.siviero
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:06 AM
Subject: [Amel] davits for santorin

Hi there everybody!
can anyone give me an information about davits to be put on a Santorin?
I thought that the standard davits of SM ca be mounted on a Santorin, since they are 2 separate elemnents hinged on the stern, so they can be mounted on the stern of a Santorin, only a matter to mount them with a smaller distance in between.
The guys of Amel, on the opposite, say that davits for Santorin simply does not exist as standard, I have to provide an arch specially designed and made.
Any help?
Thanks
Maria & Attilio Santorin #84