Re: Propeller. Bowthruster lost. Sm435

Kevin Cole

Hello Arthur,
I have had to replace the bow thruster prop underwater. I found that the easiest way align the nylon screws to the hub, was to use 3 stainless screws about 1/4-1/2” longer than the nylon ones. Then I used stainless screws (same size as nylon) to draw prop onto hub. Once the prop is secure to hub, I replace the stainless screws with the nylon. It was easy. Easier than taping prop onto hub with mallet and trying to align the nylon screws.
Ps. We will be in shelter bay March 17. I have spare hubs/pins/screws if you need

Cheers Kevin
SM2 Anahita #276
Bocas Del Toro Panama

On Mar 10, 2020, at 6:48 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

Good morning Arthur,

Scroll down the pictures of the Bow Thruster illustration:

http://nikimat.com/bow_thruster_overhaul.html

I once scuba dive to replace the propeller, sadly to discover later that the hub holding the propeller was wobbly… because of elongated holes and end up having to overhaul it

http://nikimat.com/bow_thruster_lost_propeller.html

Other informations:

http://nikimat.com/bow_thruster_spin.html

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 02:06:48 AM UTC, Arthur Sundqvist <arthur@...> wrote:

I need some pictures to understand how to fit the new bowthruster propeller. Propeller and 6 nyloscrews are gone. The round nylon with Tap is there. Can I use that old one and screw the new propeller into it??  Boat in water. Want to do it diving with tanks underwater....
kindest regards
arthur Sundqvist
sm435. Vista
Panama. Shelter Bay