Great job!! We did the same 6 years ago, tricky job though. We used 3M Marine Silicone instead. It needs to be a flexible material. So far so good. Had to replace all of the screws and and all the plywood interior panels as well. One of the more difficult projects in renovating vintage Amels. We used a dark grey, it looks almost black from the outside but from the inside you get plenty of light and visibility. W used a locally produced acrylic manufacturer who used the old pieces as molds to give us the cut replicas of the originals. We also changed the hatches as well.
S/V " SIMPATICO"
Hull #94, 1981