Re: Front furler Bamar MEJ upgrade to EJF? Is it worth it?

Courtney Gorman

Here Is the issue the old Furler was smaller and so the wires coming out of the Furrer and back through the deck did not have to loop back up as they do in this photo so the water can get stuck especially if the seals on top are not properly sealed

Cheers
Courtney
Trippin 54 #101
LE Marin

On Mar 3, 2020, at 8:08 PM, Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

I also have a problem understanding the issue on the furler drainage. The thick black (electrical) cable does go via a ss pipe (if I remember correctly) into the sail/bow locker and on AMELIT the caulking around that cable into the ss pipe was compromised and allowed water into the sail/bow locker. Once we fixed that no more water via that entry into the locker.

When I am back on the boat I will check if there is a drain plug on the bottom of the furler.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

On the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

March 3, 2020 17:08:08

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909