Bow thruster oil seal leak

Peter de Groot

Greetings all,
This is the second lip seal I've installed.  (The previous owner left a handy stash of parts on board) The first had a single lip, the second came in a bag with Paulstra brand and part number 792521 IEL 30 42 7.  I'm deducing it came from Amel.  It had two lips, a heavier one inwards to retain the oil and a lighter one outwards nearer the outside surface.
Regardless they both leaked after installing.
The surface of the shaft which is not SS (FRP maybe??) feels rough, and there was only a narrow band where it feels smoother.
The oil that came out was cloudy green, thick like a milk shake, so I'm thinking water was entering.
The question is what to do.  I'm contemplating 3 choices:
-Purchase a new shaft from Amel, perhaps a new complete bow thruster, as the counterbore to receive the seal also has some chips.
-Find a SS speedi-sleeve to provide a smoother surface, machine existing shaft if necessary.
-Make a new shaft with a local machine shop.  In which case which material?  Acetal perhaps, I'm assuming stainless is a no-go.

I'd appreciate any advice if any of you have experienced the same problem.

Peter de Groot
SM 207 la Querida
Moss Landing, California.