Radar

Paul Osterberg

Hello!
Planning to install a Raymarine Quantum radar. We have an very excellent Furuno radar but it draws a lot of AMPS. I have seen that some of you have both the old and the new radar installed. My question should I keep the old radar or retire it? It is 20 years old and risk for it to break down soon?, I can use the old Radar mount and save maybe 500 € by take away the old radar and it will free space above my chart table. Any thoughts on this? you who have two radars the old and a new how often do you use the old one?
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259