Re: Beam IV : A55 ; Shelter Bay , rudder assembly

Use the Amel-supplied wrench and turn the plastic nut 1/6th of a turn or more until tight. I have been on a 55 that required 1/2 turn, but it is usually 1/6th.

On all but the first 55s, Amel installed a high water alarm for this water-tight box. Be sure that it works and your batteries are fresh. If you do not have a water alarm installed, install one.

I note that your 55 #009 has cable steering from the helm rather than hydraulic steering. Joerg has hydraulic steering from the helm. This is one of the reasons for the differences.

image.png
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:33 AM Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

You need to remove the plate circled in red.  You will then have access to a large plastic nut which can be tightened clockwise in 1/6 revolution increments.  AMEL provides a large custom wrench to turn this nut but you could likely use an adjustable wrench as well.

joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem