Re: Beam IV : A55 ; Shelter Bay , rudder assembly

Joerg Esdorn

In my experience, the nut is very tight at all times so turning "until tight" doesn't necessarily work.  You don't want to over tighten this because it will shorten the period to a complete repacking of the gland.  I would try 1/6 turn first or maybe 2/6 if you have a lot of water.  I had a little bit of water in 2018 (less than 0.1 liters) and tightened it by 1/6.  At the end of 2019, I again had a little water (again less than 0.1 liters) and tightened it again by 1/6.  We'll see how it goes by the end of this season (crossing my fingers there will be a season ....).