Re: Fuel Level in Red Zone

Dan Carlson

I agree that it is about 100-150 liters left in the tank.  
1)I would also suggest that it is a good time to remove the inspection plate on the tank and take a look at the inside of the tank.  You can't see the bottom of the tank very well until you get down to less than 200 liters.
2) when you get down that low the depth of the fuel in the tank is less than the width of the tank and the distance between the baffles. So I think if you get into rough seas you will get a lot of sloshing going in the tank to store up any debris.

Best regards Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe currently in Les Saintes, Guadeloupe.  On SM #387

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020, 8:18 AM Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

I did, just yesterday. Had about 100L left. However, I’m not sure if these gauges are all calibrated the same.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ian Townsend
Sent: 17 March 2020 23:23
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Fuel Level in Red Zone

i am not in this situation (yet) but still curious. Has anyone ever taken their fuel level down to the beginning of the red area on the gauge and measured actual amount in the tank using the dipstick?

Ian
Loca Lola II
SM153
Bahamas

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.