Re: Beam IV : A55 # 9 rudder gland access

Stuart,

The last time I did this on a 55, I removed the quadrant because it was easier to do with the quadrant removed. I believe you might be able to do it without the removal, but that will depend on how your quadrant is installed and what exactly it is installed with. For instance, you have cable steering from the helm and Joerg has hydraulic steering from the helm. There is a significant difference in what is connected to the quadrant.

If it were me, I would remove the quadrant, then remove the locking plate circled in the picture below.

image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 12:06 PM Stuart Hemingway <stuart@...> wrote:
Hello Jorg,

Thank you very much for your reply with photograph.

We have the large Amel spanner but  no inspection plate...

Do we have to remove the quadrant and it’s connections to access the rudder gland ?

My earlier photo shows our set up

Stuart

Stuart Hemingway

E Studio@...