Re: Beam IV : A55 # 9 rudder gland access

eric freedman

Hi Stuart,

I do not know how your rudder stock is configured as Kimberlite is a 53.

If is like mine….

The nut on my quadrant is about 60 mm.

If I had a wrench on board that size it would not fit under the quadrant. That is why I made the wrench pictured in Bills post

about this subject. I have attached the photo again and a photo of the rudder quadrant removed.

I made the wrench out of 6 mm ¼ inch aluminum stock. I cut it out with a band saw and finished it with a grinding wheel.

I can tighten the nut at sea without removing anything except for the Stainless steel keeper that prevents the nut from moving.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376