From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io
Sent: 19 March 2020 13:46
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Beam IV : A55 # 9 rudder gland access

Hi Stuart, on my boat you can turn the large nut with the Amel spanner without removing the quadrant.  The plate on my boat (circled in red) is just to lock the nut in place - it presses against one of the six flat sides of the large nut.  So to turn the nut, you have to remove that plate and reinstall it when you have turned the nut (by whole numbers of 1/6th of a turn) but you don't have to remove anything else.  But Bill is right - my boat has hydraulic steering so maybe on your boat you have to remove the quadrant.  I just don't know.  Sorry.  Good luck!

Joerg

--
Cheers
Paul