Re: Beam IV : A55 # 9 rudder gland access

Stuart Hemingway

Hello Joerg , Bill & Paul,

We were able to tighten the rudder gland .

It was necessary to remove the quadrant.

It took a while to release all the connections but it was straightforward.

Of course the proof of the pudding will be the next transit but that may be a while ..

Thank you all for your advice was really helpful.

Stuart

Stuart Hemingway

Beam iv

M 07905 112929

E Studio@...

On 19 Mar 2020, at 10:05, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Mine has cable steering and I can tighten the nut without removing the quadrant.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada