USA only insurance

Scott SV Tengah

Hi all,

We are leaving Panama soon and due to Covid-19 are abandoning our plans for the South Pacific this year. In the next week, our intent is to sail directly to Hawaii and possibly spend the hurricane season in Alaska before heading back to the US West Coast.

Our current insurance does not cover US waters so I need to quickly find a policy that will cover us. We will mostly double hand and of course Hawaii-Alaska-US West Coast involves some offshore passages. We've got 16,000 nm on Tengah already, so reasonably experienced.

Any suggestions for US insurance? FYI Tengah is US documented and I'm American. I've reached out to a few brokers but would like some tips from those of you who spend all of you time in the US. Thanks.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69