Re: USA only insurance

Dan Carlson

Hi Scott, we are currently covered under the Jackline policy (Gowie Group) go to jackline@....

We also have a friend who is an agent that has access to several other underwriters and helped us with a good review of our current policy as well as here offerings.  She did have another good option but recommended we were better of staying with our current policy. But email her at laura@...

Best regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020, 10:19 AM Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:
Hi all,

We are leaving Panama soon and due to Covid-19 are abandoning our plans for the South Pacific this year. In the next week, our intent is to sail directly to Hawaii and possibly spend the hurricane season in Alaska before heading back to the US West Coast.

Our current insurance does not cover US waters so I need to quickly find a policy that will cover us. We will mostly double hand and of course Hawaii-Alaska-US West Coast involves some offshore passages. We've got 16,000 nm on Tengah already, so reasonably experienced.

Any suggestions for US insurance? FYI Tengah is US documented and I'm American. I've reached out to a few brokers but would like some tips from those of you who spend all of you time in the US. Thanks.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69