Passarelle

Paul Osterberg

Hello!
We have a Hydraulic Passarelle, which was very nice to have in the Mediterranean, we spent two seasons there mainly in Greece and Turkey, but not very much of use when we were in the Caribbean or cruising the US East coast. We now have Kerpa at our home base in Lagos, Portugal, preparing for a slow trip around the globe (7-10 years), assume we will spent most of the time at anchor, we do not fancy marinas that much. The Passarelle is a bit in the way when maneuvering our hydro-generator. So thinking of  taking it away, it is probably 20 years old as old sa Kerpa, rather sooner than later it will require maintenance. So to you ho have cruised around the world, what do you recommend? Will I have any use for it or should I take it of the boat? It adds to the weight aft as well. Do not bother to much about effect on  resell value as I plan to have Kerpa for at least 10 more years.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 Lagos, Portugal sykerpa.com