From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of svbebe
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:35 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel] Re:Head discharge hose clogged with calcification and
vinegar as a solution

Re: test with vinegar

After I solved the problem with heavy calcification by using the tool shown
in the photo section and described in earlier postings, I decided to conduct
an experiment with vinegar and the calcified deposits.

I took some chunks of the deposits and placed and equal amount in each of 2
jars. One jar was filled with 50:50 salt water and vinegar and the other
with 50:50 drinking water and vinegar.

The reults after 30 days of soaking in the solutions:
Nothing, Nada, Zilch... The vinegar solutions had absolutely no effect.

Possibly the results that some have seen with adding vinegar to the head to
rid calcified deposits is some sort of placebo effect!

Thought you would like to know.

Best,

Bill
s/v Bebe, SM2, #387