Important Spare Parts for SM

José Gabriel Venegas <jgvenegas@...>

I bought my SM2 #278 last October and have enjoyed every second of it. We sailed her to Bahamas last December, I just brought her up to Marblehead last week in a flawless passage lasting 7 days.

However, as expected for a boat of this age, I have had to do a couple of repairs, and was lucky that the previous owner had spare parts for each of these repairs. As many of you have pointed out, as I ordered spares from France I came to experience the cost of shipping parts by AMEL who sends them next day FedEX.

Fortunately, I will be visiting France for business reasons in two weeks and will have the chance to stock up my boat with critical spare parts.
I will greatly appreciate of you could help me with your experience by suggesting which parts I should order. Has any one made a list of important AMEL spare parts?

I already have in my list:

1) bilge pump repair kit
2) Bow thruster seals ( The boat has 3 spare props)
3) Transmission seals

Any other parts for the electric furling systems?
What about electrical system spares?

Thanks a lot in advance
Jose and Magnolia
IPANEMA SM278