locked Barred from St Maarten

eric freedman

Hi,

I was planning on flying down to Kimberlite which is in St Maarten last Tuesday. Unfortunately the island was closed as of last Monday.
Since Pantaenius is not renewing any policies, I need an out of water survey. It looks like I won’t be able to get to St Marten till June, my policy expires June 10. I spoke to my friends on the island and even my friend ,chief inspector of police, said there was nothing he could do for me.

Please read what happened to my friend Hank Schmitt he Owns OPO which finds crew for boat owners at no cost to the owners. Please read the link when he attempted to land on St Maarten—also read his additional

Comments at the end –

The “Friendly Island”  B.S.

Please pass it on.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Dear OPO Members and Fellow Sailors,

These are trying times, especially when you are denied entry into you winter home port of refuge. For pictures and full story can be found at:

WaveTrain: https://wavetrain.net/2020/03/29/evicted-from-sxm-virus-tales-from-the-caribbean/

This is Charlie Doane’s Blog and safe to open. It will also be included in the April 1st “OPO Notice to Mariners” along with other news which you will get if you are an OPO member.

Enjoy

And stay safe!

Hank Schmitt

OPO

What I left out in my article is that I watched the Mega Yacht “Seven Sins” make the bridge the day after I arrived and was at anchor refused entry.  So they can break the rules for some boats, but not others. Please pass this on to your friend. They can make exceptions for those who have money, but not for friends like me. The boat had several guests and more crew aboard and came from St. Bart’s, one of the infected islands.  I made sure I did not stop in a French island, but that did not matter after all, did it?. I tell the people from SXM who have responded with the same reply, “Don’t make excuses for your badly trained and surly customs agents.”  The locals never have to deal with them and we know better. So don’t buy that cr*p about they are just following the rules. Bull*hit!