From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arno Luijten
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 8:25 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Barred from St Maarten

Hi Eric,

I'm a resident of St. Maarten.
I will not try to defend the gouvenment of St. Maarten as these are as incompentent as they get in the Caribbean. However the current situation in the world makes even the most "civilised" country a madhouse for regulations. Please show me a country that hasn't come up with measures that seem downright silly at this point in time. None of the country's (if you want to call them that) in the Caribbean is prepared for these kind of problems, so please cut them some slack. It's not easy for the officials to apply the rules if the government changes them almost every hour.
The fact that St. Maarten uses double standards is a fact know to everyone in the Caribbean and there are very few Island that act differently. It how the Caribbean operates, no thanks to the former colonists.

So I feel sorry for you that your plans are blocked for now but you are not the only one and everybody is trying to circumvent the rules in ways they see fit. So I would not like to be a "official" at this point in time no matter how crazy they can be during normal times.
The support St. Maarten gets from the Dutch government (being part of the same Kingdom) is quite sad as well.

So if this a a proof of anything it's the proof we still have a long way to go as humanity to properly rule the world.

Just my two cents.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,