Re: Bow Thruster Siezed

Craig Briggs

Hi Ellen,
In addition to what you're doing and Bill Rouse's suggestions (sans Amel tool) I was finally successful by using a chain wrench around the motor flange along with a 2' extension pipe for added leverage. I would torque it in one direction and apply as much force as I thought it would take. Then I'd reverse it and twist the opposite direction. After several repetitions it finally budged just a fraction. After more back and forth repetitions and it came free. I used that technique on mine and also another Santorin - worked very well.
Good luck with it!  Craig