Broken water level dipstick

Eamonn Washington

Hi

I bent the water level dipstick with 900 liters in the tank, so near the bottom of the dipstick.  (I was running the watermaker, stumbled going down the companionway and grabbed anything.)  It is 90% broken through.

I tried self amalgamating tape for a temporary solution, but it is too thick to drop down into the tank.

I believe I need to install a new pipe.  I guess I will have to take out the dishwasher and empty the tank, but i have never seen the float and don’t know how easy it will be to install a new pipe in it.  Any ideas?  Also, what material is the  pipe made from?  It did not seem to be a normal pipe from a hardware shop; it is lightweight and brittle.

Thanks

Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug
Super Maramu #151