Re: Windlass/Genoa Furler electrical problem, circuit breaker bad?

Yes, that breaker is for the 24 volt windlass and genoa furler. Maybe your meter is set wrong or you didn't use the 24 volt negative. Check again.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 12:05 AM Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:
Hey all, so thanks to Bill's advice to remove the whole panel via the knob (which I really should have noticed but there were clothes packed into the second-most forward cubby), I yanked it and replaced the breaker. Great success! :D Everything works.

One surprise to me: I measured the breaker having 12 volts running through it. Is this normal? I would have thought it would be 24, like the rest of the system.... The windlass/furler work fine, just wondering.... shouldn't that hefty 100a breaker be on the 24volt circuit? Or is that only covering the solenoids or something? Or did I miss something simple?

Sorry for the dumb@ss question.... my field of expertise (VWs) only had one voltage :D