Re: Sonic Speed system on an Amel 54

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Arno,

When we initially purchased Kokomo, we were told that sometimes these speed sensors go out and it is not made any more.

The broker had an extra one that he sold to us. That was 5 years ago and it has been sitting with the spares. So my understanding is that it is replaceable but not necessarily straight forward.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
A54 #099

On Apr 9, 2020, at 7:51 AM, Arno Luijten via groups.io <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

Hi Forum,

Has anyone actually seen the model of the transducer used for the speed sensor (B&G Sonic Speed) used in several A54's? These are the solid-state sensors in the leading edge of the keel and in the bottom right in front of the keel. Are these replaceable?

Thanks in advance,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121