Re: A54 Saloon freezer gas strut

Barry Connor

Hi Paul,
The UK company is SGS in Derby. I spoke to them and they recommended this strut. Fits and works perfectly for my lid, had to make the hole in the end eye a bit bigger.
I passed this on to Sonja at Amel Hyeres as she could not supply someone.
I will have a look for the invoice, I have all the time in the world. Under strict French lockdown here.
Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Apr 13, 2020, at 07:57, Barry Connor <connor_barry@...> wrote:

Dear Paul,

Below is a photo of the new gas strut for the saloon fridge on a Amel 54.
Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

<9777fba4-8bc5-4154-a8e1-c8ca270b4d0c.jpg>

On Apr 13, 2020, at 07:29, Barry Connor via groups.io <connor_barry@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,
We replaced our fridge gas strut in March 2019.
You need a 300N pressure. Do you know where to get one?
Best Wishes, keep safe.

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Apr 13, 2020, at 05:27, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I need to replace the gas strut for the saloon freezer, but the existing one does not have the force spec written on it (or it has faded). I would appreciate if somebody could let me know.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

--