From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barry Connor via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 12:32 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] A54 Saloon freezer gas strut

Hi Mohammad,

Great to hear from you and thank you again for the Bamar furler, it is installed for my main headsail. Have a spare fuller packed away now.

Yes my saloon fridge is full width, I was able to see that my original fridge strut was a 300N before ordering.  Metrol in the UK have a very large selection, I am sure you can get a less powerful strut with the same dimensions from them.

I bought a Parasailor for the crossing and loved flying it, didn't need any special tuition. I made a tack system on the main furler to fly it higher, had to take the wooden seat off the bow though.

We were planning sailing The Bahamas and Florida but might have to settle for Grenada or Trinidad once this lockdown is relaxed.

I have now finished installing the S/S hatch security bars that I had made in Preveza and with all this time on my hands I have completed the install of the "Steve Neil" designed (No ForeignLand founder) motion CCTV alarm system.

Hope you can do some sailing this season.

Oliver on Amel 54 Vela Nautica is anchored in front of us, I am looking forward to seeing his lithium battery set up when this lockdown eases, my lead acid batteries seem to be only lasting 3 years. My 4x12v 100w Bimini solar panels 2x24v 280w rear arch solar panels are pumping huge amounts during the day but the batteries are run down to about 78% by 6am when the generator goes on for about 1 hour. I think I am correct in thinking that the batteries are going when the volts drop below 24v when I get below 80%? I have 12x12v 105amp hour batteries.

I was reading Bill's and others comments about fridge pumps, I did order as did Ruedi, Amel 54 #55, we each bought 2 Flojet R4105512 pumps from a UK supplier, mine seem to only last about 1 year. I am now trying a Flojet 24v 7amp instead of the Flojet 12v 1.5amp, this 24v seems to draw the same amp drain from the batteries. With Penny's stocking all 3 fridge units are working 24/7. I am glad she stocked up, no complaining now that we are in this lockdown situation.

Best Wishes and Keep Safe,

Barry and Penny

"SV Lady Penelope II"

Amel 54. #17

Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Monday, April 13, 2020, 2:31:14 PM EDT, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Barry;

I hope you and Penny are doing well. It was nice to run into you guys in Preveza and enjoyed your company and hospitality.

Can you let me know if you have the wide lid on your saloon fridge? I believe the earlier A54s had the full width lid. On Kokomo our lid stops at the cooling box and therefore we have to reach to the left to get to the items in the cooling box. Maybe that is why the 300N struts is too strong for the later models.

Respectfully;

Mohammad Shirloo

+1-323-633-2222  Cell

+1-424-644-0908  Fax