Re: Broken water level dipstick

Eamonn Washington

In the end i used a 12mm dowel and sanded it down (stuck it in a drill) so it just fit inside the broken pipe. Then with a full tank of water i used strong glue on half the length and stuck it in the lower half. I waited 3 days (probably an overkill, but i am not moving any where with the virus lockdown) then glued the top of the pipe on. A thin black permanent marker hides the hairline crack remaining. My dowel was 28cm long. I’ll be keeping it closed in future except when momentarily checking....
--
Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug