Re: Xantrex Link 10 Battery Monitor

Dan Carlson

Hi Tom,

I don't know what your longer term electrical vision is, but I replaced mine with the Victron BMV 712.  It has a nice Blue Tooth interface and app on your phone.  I already had a Victron Blue Solar MPPT and was installing a Victron MultiPlus Charger/inverter to replace my 100amp charger and 2000watt inverter.

Then I also installed a Victron Venus GX for about $200 and that takes the input from all your Victron devices and sends them via WiFi to any onboard devices you want and also be if you have an external wifi connection you can send info to the Victron connect network.  This can be useful if you can be connected to a marina/boatyard wifi when you are away from your boat to monitor your electrical system.  Victron has several GX products. The Venus does not have a screen. Lori did not want to add anymore displays in the galley. So we mounted it in the cabinet above the sink, just starboard of the autopilot.  I think they now have a newer product but I have not reviewed the features.

Have fun.

Dan and Lori in sv BeBe, sm #387, currently in Les Saintes

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020, 9:41 PM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:
The plastic over the buttons on my Link 10 is cracking and falling off so I'm considering replacing it. I'm wondering if I choose the Xantrex Link Pro or Link Lite if I need to change the shunt and wiring (I e start from scratch) or can use the existing shunt and wiring. Hoping someone has done this.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
Quarantined in Oahu