Re: Boat Insurance During Pandemic

Porter McRoberts

This “boat insurance companies dropping policies” movement since Maria and Irma evades my understanding. I’m wondering if someone has some insight. I understand how the real or perceived risk has increased with global warming and storm frequency increases, but why then not just increase premiums to offset risk?  Why so many getting out of the business? Seems like something more, structural is afoot.  Anyone with insights?
Appreciated.
Porter McRoberts S/V IBIS.
A54-152

On Apr 16, 2020, at 4:54 PM, Drew Gaffney <drew.gaffney@...> wrote:

Pantaenius has stopped offering insurance in the US and will not insure US Flagged boats, even imported in the EU.  My previous carrier will not write new policies for countries currently in “Lockdown”.
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding where to obtain insurance for our Amel in Sardinia, IT.
Thanks,
Drew
SV Revelation SM390
Lying Carloforte, Sardinia.