Re: Boat Insurance During Pandemic

Trevor Lusty

Hi Drew,
               Chris McGeown of Topsail in the UK could also be worth a try. I moved to them around 2010 when Allianz stopped offering cover outside Europe and I have been with them ever since. My boats are always irish flagged so they obviously write policies outside the UK.
With Allianz I was able to sit down with the marine underwriter every year and discuss where I was hoping to go and negotiate the premium.
Something that they pointed out was the the bias on the premium was not for the repairs or replacement, but for shipping the boat back to a yard that could actually carry out any repair work required to a satisfactory standard.
Topsail offer OCC members additional discount.
It is also worth remembering that wherever  the policy is written, that country's legal system is what you are going to have to deal with should you get embroiled in a nasty claim.
Good luck.
Trevor Lusty
Ireland