Re: Main Sail - Manual Furling Gear Box

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

I just removed cleaned up and changed all the seals on my manual furler, and Tuesday I will release a video about the process.  Barring a complete disaster or stolen, I can't believe that the manual furler on the mainsail should ever require replacement.  Filling with grease, yes.  Maybe changing all the seals, yes.  But not complete replacement.  You may have to go to a machine shop to help replace the bearings..... But that's it...

All parts are sold by Maud....

So, If you want watch the video....  4 days till launch!

Fair Winds,

Ken Powers
Currently on Lockdown in Phuket Thailand
SM2K#262