Switch on Bilge Float Tube

Ian Townsend

When cleaning our bilge, we noticed the cap had come off of this (see pictures). It is attached to the tube that houses the bilge float and appears to be a switch. But I am not really sure what this is. It's not our float switch. We have the standard version of that. But maybe it's an old high water alarm with relay to the bilge pump? Can someone enlighten me? I need to source or to fabricate parts to cover it properly. The parts that remain are a plastic disc shape cap that used to be attached to something rubber that is either a membrane or a seal, and a piece of a metal gasket. 

Pictures attached.

Ian Townsend
Loca Lola II
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.