Re: Where to put the life raft

Teun BAAS

When replacing my OEM 8 person raft last year I was told similar; you don’t want a life raft much larger than the expected occupancy. Having 2 people in an 8 persons raft makes it also vulnerable to being blown/turned upside down in which case you will never be able to right it again in heavy sea: thus virtually impossible to survive as the top of the life raft can NOT function as a solid bottom.

So I got a new 4 person life raft to replace the 8 person ZODIAC. Also – since ZODIA was no longer produced/available & all replacements were deeper it necessitated a welding adjustment to the cradle in the rail.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

Currently on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

April 20, 2020 14:03:58

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909