Re: Membrane Tube end caps

Germain Jean-Pierre

Kevin and Danny,

Not hot for anything Dessalator; long bad story!

I have new end caps waiting for me.  Now, if I could find rust proof interconnects, I’d be in heaven…

:-)

Getting there slowly

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM 007, Opua, NZ

On 21 Apr 2020, at 14:00, Kevin Cole <jkcsail@...> wrote:

Hi all,
We had the problem of corrosion on the membrane tubes last year with exploded end caps and frame. I had called around with little help and happened to find any tubes I could find. I found that any water maker manufacturer that offered stand alone tubes works. We found some from Village Marine. Plumbing is basically the same, water in water out. Easy to do.
Kevin Cole
SV Anahita
SM2 # 276
Currently standing by on our second boat in Sausalito CA GB32 "Bout time"

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 6:20 PM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi JP, have you tried the desalator agents in Auckland NZ.

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 21 April 2020 at 06:55 Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thanks.  I also took the entire holder to the shop… to verify the interior measurements.  I suspect the new ones will be made to a closer tolerance.

Dessalator after sales service has been non existent.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain

On 21 Apr 2020, at 06:51, CW Bill Rouse < brouse@...> wrote:

FYI, Dessalator originally made the membrane tube end caps out of white nylon. Emek copied Dessalator. Dessalator's choice of Nylon proved to be the wrong choice. Dessalator later made end caps from a harder material which was black. I am not sure of what the black material is, but, in my experience is that there have been very few issues with the Dessalator black end caps.

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550