Re: Head discharge hose clogged with calcification and vinegar as a solution

karkauai

Hi Craig. Hope you two are well and enjoying the eastern Med. I'm "stuck" in Charleston until I can get enough time off to get her on up to the Chesapeake. Charleston's not a bad place to get stuck, tho.

Do you just use muriatic acid as it comes off the shelf or dilute it? What's the final concentration of what you pour into the head?

Thanks and Aloha to Katherine.
Kent
Kristy SM243

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Craig & Katherine" <sangaris@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,
Yes, muriatic acid is the answer! We pour about a liter in each head evry couple or three weeks. Let it bubble up nice and brown - overnight is best - then just flush it down. We are now 8 years on our hoses and no problemo!
Ciao, Craig