Re: Membrane Tube end caps

John Clark

Han, I had end caps made out of delrin in St Martin.  The machine shop is E&Msc.  It is behind Lagoonies.  The machinist made a few changes to beef them up.  I have run them now for two years with no issues.

John Clark
SV Annie. SM 37
St Thomas USVI

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020, 6:59 PM hanspeter baettig <hanspeter.baettig@...> wrote:
Jean-Pierre
I think it‘s unfair to broadcast such negative things about Desal, . Amel is still installing Desal Watermakers and I had very good experiances with SAV Dessalator. Mr Wagner jun. and his team is helpful and have a amazing knowledge about H2O makers.
So pls. we know us , be specific what was your problem with SAV. Maybe I can help you, cause I have a very good contact with Wagner
best
en confinité à St. Martin
Hanspeter
Tamango 2
SM16

------ Original Nachricht ------
Am Montag, 20. Apr, 2020 um 20:55, Germain Jean-Pierre schrieb:

Hi Bill,

Thanks.  I also took the entire holder to the shop… to verify the interior measurements.  I suspect the new ones will be made to a closer tolerance.

Dessalator after sales service has been non existent.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain

On 21 Apr 2020, at 06:51, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

FYI, Dessalator originally made the membrane tube end caps out of white nylon. Emek copied Dessalator. Dessalator's choice of Nylon proved to be the wrong choice. Dessalator later made end caps from a harder material which was black. I am not sure of what the black material is, but, in my experience is that there have been very few issues with the Dessalator black end caps.

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550